Friday, June 26, 2009

Fun Skirts


In my last post I talked about when projects don't work out- it is frustrating, but don't think for a second that I won't put some of that cute fabric to work!!


I had another project in the works- and I love how it turned out!! It is bandana skirts that I made for my sister's nieces! I love them! Her daughter has a matching green one, but I must have forgotten to take a picture! They are wearing them during a family reunion vacation.


I combined two tutorials to make the skirt to work for me. http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2008/12/tutorial-bandanna-skirt.html and



My bandannas came from Wal-Mart- they were in the teen accessories department and too cute. They just were a little too thin so I wanted to back them- I used muslin to make the inside layers and used the twirly skirt instructions to add the band and waistband. I think they turned out pretty well!


And my love of fabric applique came back to visit- matching t-shirts. I have extra material from that bandanna so I might make some hair clips too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Threaded Thru- Stitching memories for you and those you love!