Friday, June 19, 2009

Some projects are just not meant to be!


Have you ever started a project and you are excited by it, can't wait to see the final product and when it is done... well it is not what you want and really isn't worth fixing? I bought pre-smocked fabric to make the super simple dresses for my girls. I thought this would be a fun, easy, quick project and something they could throw on all summer.


It didn't work out so well! First I don't know if I didn't cut the skirt part right or if I just decided I didn't like the fabric anymore but they will not be wearing them. They just didn't lay right on either girl- the skirt part was not roomy enough and their typically not white underwear would be seen right through. If it is a fun summer dress I don't think taking the time to pick out the perfect undies or finding a slip (not really but you get the point) should be required!


So the fabric- two fun versions of pink- perfect for many a baby gift to come I think! I wasn't completely wrong on its cuteness factor- just its use!!


Until the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Threaded Thru- Stitching memories for you and those you love!