Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun Baby Gift!




I love to make things for others- and I love love love when the recipient understands "where" it comes from!! Above is a baby gift I made for my hubbie's cousin. She and her husband are big "preppies" if that would be the right word to use! I found the navy blue flannel a couple of years ago before they were even married and held on to it because it was so them!! This was a very fun gift to give!!

The small blanket finishes at approz 17 x 17- I used 6in blocks to make a 9 block square and backed with a super soft chenille. It is perfect size to go over the baby in the infant carrier! It can be easily a nice small lovely! I think I will have to make a bib for them too with the fabric.

The tie onesie t-shirt is an idea I have seen a few times and I love it!! In my previous post I talked about being in love with fabric applique- this is one of those items that was so fun to do!!
The hooded towel was an idea I saw on Make and Takes- this is a great blog that has some clever ideas for every level and age group. Here is the link http://www.makeandtakes.com/easy-hooded-bath-towel I had tried a different style a few years ago and it didn't work out- these instructions were simple and straight forward, the end product turns out perfect!

Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Threaded Thru- Stitching memories for you and those you love!