Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day



Happy Valentine's Day

My kids are having their parties today and tomorrow at school. My little boy had Spiderman cards, but the girls and I will be making theirs tonight. They are butterflies with a Tootsie Pop as the center. I think the idea came from Skip to My Lou- I will check on that.


My hubbie and I are hosting a pre-party for some friends and neighbors then going to see an 80's cover band! Nothing says loving like 80's music! I have been trying to decorate the house a little and made a Valentine's day banner for my window. It is very simple and not a lot of detail. There is a great example and tutorials by Melissa at http://www.polkadotchair.blogspot.com. She has lots of other fantastic ideas as well- she is someone I read regularly- thanks Melissa.


So here is what I created- I have a friend who does Stampin Up, she cut the background shape for me (for a different project I never did). I shaded the edges of the shape red, used two ovals to set the center- bottom oval stamped in black with a canvas background stamp and the top with a fun Valentine word printed off the computer. Fun, Flirt, Sweet, Smitten to name a few- I worked with 9 but you could come up with lots! Laugh, Love, Giggle, Crush! I hung it on thin black ribbon and used two wired red bows to top of the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Threaded Thru- Stitching memories for you and those you love!